5 reasons why studying in psychology is amazing

To begin with, my article is for everyone wondering which field of study they should choose when they are undecided of the program they want to pursue in college.In this article, I will answer to ... If people are having a problem continuing their academic journey in Psychology, I am sure I can convince them, specially because I will graduate this year in this field of study. I have been studying Psychology for three years now and I had the chance to learn a lot about humans in general with biology, sociology and of course many psychology classes. I am confident that I can convince readers of why psychology is so amazing.

1. Learn more about human behavior

In the first place, studying in Psychology is amazing because you can learn a lot on human behavior. This program offer not only psychology classes, but also sociology and anthropology classes. Sociology is a discipline of Social Sciences interested in the functioning, the developing and the structure of human society. With this class, you can easily learn a lot about human behavior and relationships which can be good to understand better people around you. In addition, Anthropology is also concerned about how human behavior changed across time. It is fascinating to learn not only about the human of 2020, but also about the social relations of our ancestors. All these classes helped me to understand the world around me better and to not judge a book by its cover. You can improve your knowledge on human behavior and learn about the reasons why people are acting different through time and around the world. Then, when you travel or if people are acting different around you, you will see, judge and understand the world in a completely different way.

2. Learn more about yourself

In addition, psychology classes can teach you a lot about yourself and the relationships you have with others. For example, after many classes of psychology, I had to analyse myself based on the DSM-5, which is a diagnostic tool of classification and diagnosis of mental disorders. In all of my classes, I learned a lot about different mental disorders and their causes, symptoms, and treatments. I was then able to do a self-diagnosis because I recognized the symptoms I had in certain mental disorders definitions. With all the knowledge I have now, I can take care of myself better than ever because I know how to work on my anxiety and what are the causes. In addition, I learned a lot about romantic relationships. Who does not want to know how to recognize a good and a bad relationship or what can improve it? With all these tools, I was able to put an end to a toxic relationship and take my time with love. I really think that is important to learn more about yourself because it can help you to feel better and to become a better person. Finally, I think it is really important to destigmatize mental disorders not only for the people living with it but also for their families. For example, there are a lot of people that think that depression is false or not serious and this can discourage individuals to ask for help.

3. Learn to help others

Finally, one of the main goals in Psychology is to be able to help others around you like your family, your friends and even strangers. With all the classes offered in Psychology you can easily recognize mental disorders and how to treat them. You can also show tricks to people who have different kinds of problems, like gambling, depression, anxiety, etc. and make a difference in their lives. Psychology helps people to feel better and to solve their problems. You learn how to show empathy, how to stay neutral and how to react in different situations. Personally, I always feel great when I am able to help someone with their sadness or their anger ang give tips on how to stay calm. If you always felt like you are a good confidant, that you like to listen and solve people's problems, Psychology is definitely for you!

Conclusion

In conclusion, you learned in this article that Psychology is an amazing field of study because you can learn more about human behavior, yourself and how to help others. I think that Psychology is the field of study you should choose if you want to help others around you and if you are interested in human behavior. I don't regret my choice at all, and I am really happy with all the classes I have because I feel like I know more about myself. If you choose Psychology, you will not regret it!

**************************************************************

Statistics

Word count: 790

Error count: 7

Error density: 1%

Comments

Post a Comment